It has always been considered easy to find a book addict known to be in a certain area. You might find him in the pub of course, but sooner rather than later you will find him in the nearest bookshop. You won’t need much patience. But book collecting can often lead to strange situations. A few years back when we were living in Armidale, N.S.W., John Fletcher asked me to keep an eye open for slim self published volumes of poetry, nominating any such booklets issued in the area within a certain time frame.
September 11, 2012
Some Perplexities of Book Addiction
This is the journal of Adrian Harrington Rare Books and all who sail in her. Information, updates, rantings, musings and pretty pictures related (loosely I would imagine) to the world of rare and antiquarian books will be brought to you by a number of different personalities, some of whom cohabit in the same person's head. We welcome queries, comments and contributions of virtually any description, and in return we will attempt to rein in our multitudinous personality disorders and deliver wonders and joys beyond compare. At least that's the plan. View all posts by bibliodeviant
This entry was posted on Tuesday, September 11th, 2012 at 12:05 pm and posted in General Madness. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
3 Responses to “Some Perplexities of Book Addiction”
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Deviant Cloud2012 adrian harrington age alex cf antiquarian books bibliophile book collecting bookdealers Book Fairs book history books book value california book cryptozoology cuvier darwin dorian gray dostoevsky e-books exhibition fandom first edition future of the book galileo greg gibson harry potter and the philosopher's stone hypnerotomachia poliphili in re militari jonathan Kearns kindle lamarck lewis carroll Literature lovecraft marco polo olympia bookfair origin of species Rare Books rarity tolkien ulysses value Wilkie Collins wuthering heights www.alexcf.com
- RT @AliceMartha: mythologyofblue: Mary Shelley, Manuscript page from Frankenstein, 1816 + … tmblr.co/Zx0SHyldNO_Z 4 hours ago
- @nataliefisher @BrookWentz I discussed it in a highly evolved socio-explorative manner, thank you very much! 4 hours ago
- RT @finebooks: From the FB&C blog - Harry Potter Nabs £150,000 at Auction goo.gl/fb/kym5L 5 hours ago
- RT @englishpen: Our wonderful Rick Gekoski blogs about tomorrow night's auction at Sotheby's #PENAuction gu.com/p/3gv3e/tw via @guardi… 5 hours ago
- @BrookWentz @nataliefisher I'm just here to make everyone feel comfortable with their choicess... 8 hours ago
- @theladymania @BrookWentz when I was younger "what are you doing thursday?" meant that someone had found a pub quiz with cash prizes. 13 hours ago
- @theladymania @BrookWentz welcome to the only church they let me into. 13 hours ago
- @_unforgiven @BrookWentz and was related to all beasts of the forest 13 hours ago